Romantic Getaway – My Dream
It has been a while since I had the freedom to choose. To choose whether I wanted to go out for dinner, stay in doors or even have a romantic getaway in the wild. The Covid19 pandemic robbed me of my freedom to choose. It robbed us of our ability to do a lot of things, but not anymore. This year is going to be my year. This year, is your year so let’s make the most of it. Let us tick a few items off our wishlists and achieve our bucket list experiences. In my opinion, nothing speaks an all round experience for a romantic getaway this February like a Safaris in Uganda. Thinking about how I would like to celebrate love this Valentines sends a cold chill down my spine and feels my heart with so much joy. I cannot wait to travel far and beyond for that is exactly how I want to experience love in the wild this year.
- First, I want love to find me. I want to simply wake up one morning, pack my bags and go on a romantic safari in Uganda. I want the experience to be seamless and yet very fulfilling. There should not be any unnecessary hustle and bustle in planning and definitely, no breaking of a sweat. I want to wake up to an itinerary specially crafted to suit my desires and an affordable travel package that wont strain me a bit. It should be just enough to satisfy my dream romantic getaway.
- Secondly, I want to find love on the road. From the comfort of the car, to the company of the one I love the most, I want to have it all. I want to experience the sun rising from ahead of the car while the cool breeze rests on my face. I want to feel my stress fall behind me as fast as the trees that seemingly move backwards. I will listen to my favorite afrigo band music and sing along to lyrics I can hardly remember. I will dance to the sound of drums and that from the saxophone. Sunrise is a beautiful beginning
- After singing as loudly as I can to “Obangaina” with my favorite person’s smile staring deep into my soul, I want to find love in all the roadside food. I want to take a bite of that roadside bird (chicken) and have a taste of all its flavours mixed with a bit of chilli to add some spice. With the meat juices flow down my cheeks, I want to taste everything else on the stall from “gonja” to “nsenene” and everything else available.
- With a quenched thirst and a well fed body, we will make our stop at the Equator crossing for some more photography because I want to make and keep every romantic memory. I then want our next stop to be in Lake Mburo National Park because I want to find love in the wildlife. Lake Mburo is interesting in such a way that you never have to struggle match to sight a wide range of wildlife. With a game drive for a short distance, you will most certainly sight zebras enjoying each others company, Impalas, hyenas, leopards and even buffaloes. Lake Mburo National park is said to have about 68 different species of mammals.
There are also 5 lakes within the park and that’s my opportunity to enjoy the boat cruise experience. I want to take a boat cruise on Lake Mburo to catch the beautiful sunset over the waters while I also get the opportunity to sight hippos, crocodiles and water birds. For the rest of my evening, the spice to this adventure will be listening to cultural tales about the pastoralists while walking side by side with the one that caught my eye. I want every step taken together on our nature walk to leave a footprint of our love in the park.
- I want to be awakened by the beautiful sound of birds in the trees outside our room and be reminded that indeed dream getaways can be achieved. Excited for what lies ahead, I will quickly get ready for my all time dream destination that is Bwindi. Bwindi Impenetrable National Park is approximately a 4 to 5 hours drive away. The drive from Lake Mburo to Bwindi National Park is very scenic and worth the experience as it passes through the plains of Ntungamo, the rolling and terraced hills on Kigezi before joining the forests in the Bwindi National Park.
Bwindi is home to many endangered species including roughly half of the worlds mountain gorillas. I have heard that tracking gorillas in a dense forest can sometimes be wet, muddy and uncomfortable as it reaches altitudes of almost 2000meters above sea level. As a result of a terrain that is usually strenuous and often humid, it makes tracking even more difficult but the sheer thrill of coming across a habituated group of gorillas dominated by a male silverback, outweighs any difficulty.
Bwindi is Uganda’s main gorilla trekking destination and her habituated families can be accessed from four trail heads: Buhoma, Ruhija, Rushaga and Nkuringo with each trail head having its own characteristics, families and levels of difficulty.
About the trouble of planning a great romantic getaway, you need not stress about that anymore either. Simply contact Swanair Travel and Safaris through email@example.com, +256776515014 or visit swanairtravel.com for any assistance with planning your dream getaway. With Swanair, comes the option of saving for your travel through regular deposits of your choice, to the Swanair travel wallet. It’s easy, quick, and convenient but most importantly, onboarding is at no cost. To onboard for the travel savings option, simply register via this form. This is your year, make that dream travel experience a reality.