Have you ever dreamed to travel to a specific destination but somehow you left it as just another dream beyond reach? If one of your reasons is that these destinations are way beyond your budget, then all hope is not lost yet.
The reasons why most of these destinations are considered very expensive are because sometimes, we don’t put in enough time and effort to plan for travel. However, there are instances where you plan for travel but somehow, it still never happens. For instance, do you ever feel like you get paid but your money just disappears before ticking any destination off your wish list? Yeah, me too! In most cases, if I don’t keep track of how I am spending my money, it seems to vanish without a trace. By the time I look at everything else I had planned for, I realize that there has been no progress at all.
There has been a popular myth that travel is an expensive hobby and I don’t agree. The assumption is that people who travel a lot must either have rich parents, lucrative lottery winnings or work high paying jobs. As a result, it’s concluded that normal people can’t afford to travel because it’s far too expensive for the rest of us.
To some extent, I actually understand how that can be so because, I once thought so too. There’s always a time where suddenly everything seems too expensive. And although ordinarily, one needs to save, it becomes very hard, especially saving for a “hobby” like travel. However, travel is such a huge concept that can not be limited to what is beyond our means. There is always an experience within everyone’s budget. All it takes is to have the right amount of information about a destination or experience, save for it and consult a travel advisor on how to make it possible.
Today, as a consequence of the post pandemic, travel is expected to be even more expensive. This is because the number of people traveling again is on the rise. As a result, so are prices. Airfares and hotel rates are climbing as travelers return in the highest numbers (since the pandemic began) hitting beaches, mountains and visiting friends and family after a season of being cooped up.
However, the prices should not discourage you from traveling. There are ways you can get around the situation and travel the world and enjoy a wide range of experiences, at a fair price. Remember, all it takes is discipline and commitment as shown below;
- Plan for your Travel.
Planning for a trip can sometimes be a daunting experience. It gets extremely overwhelming especially, if you have never done such a thing before. One of the factors that make it not as exciting as it should be, is the availability of so much information on the internet. There’s plentyful of information on social media platforms and blogs that it is to get confused or spoilt for choice. This, among others, make it an extremely challenging experience. However, it is important to adequately plan for your trips so as to get the most of your experience.
Planning for a trip entails so many steps and it’s hard to rate them in accordance to importance as they’re all crucial steps. The key steps however are the following;
- Identify your desired destination(s).
- Research on the physical, political and financial environment in your desired destination.
- Decide on how long you’d want to spend at your destination.
- Decide on the number of people traveling with you.
- Come up with a list of activities that you are interested in, at your destination.
Notably is that the above are only but a pinch of the many steps required, in no particular order. Furthermore, it is very advisable to consult with a travel consultant, to avoid missing out on important information that might be necessary for your travel.
- Save for your trip.
For most people, saving is not something they enjoy doing and much less if saving for travel. With the cost of living going higher every other day, unexpected bills popping up, and responsibilities accumulating every other day, it is easy to get caught up in all that and being unable to save for travel. However, it’s not all doom and gloom, there are ways to make saving a habit and in return, being in position to achieve all or most of your plans. It is definitely not an easy thing to do as it requires plenty of hard work and sacrifice, but if I could do it, I’m confident you can too.
Here’s a few tips that helped me save for my dream destination and finally tick it off my bucket list;
- Create a savings plan alongside your travel plan.Your savings plan should comprise several goals; both short-term and long-term. List your goals in order of priority and don’t be shy to shoot high. However, ensure not to shoot so high that it kills your enthusiasm for your big trip.
- Create a budget spreadsheet clearly indicating your income and usual expenses. This will give you a clear picture of what you spend your money on. From your usual expenses, you’ll be able to identify your must haves and have nots and therefore able to decide on what to cut down on.
- Commit to your dream and make the decision everyday to work towards achieving it. This can be done by putting a picture on your wall, sticky notes with writings of why you’d love to make that trip or a map with pins and strings to mark your dream around the world trip route, for constant revalidation. Saving money is a slog, but anyone can do it if they set their mind to it.
- Keep your distance from financially irresponsible people or an environment that will likely cause you to spend more than earn. However, remember that you can save for travel, and
- still let loose every once in a while.
- Start a dedicated fund by creating a new account where to specifically save for travel. Then choose to feed it monthly, weekly, or daily. Make it easy to transfer money over from another account and every time you go online to check your balance, transfer some money, even if it’s just $5. Make it fun. Make it a habit. Make it natural. Make it painless. Revel in its growth!
- Get a trusted partner to motivate you and support your travel goal. There are several options from which to consider but I can only speak of one that helped me achieve my travel goal, Swanair Travel and Safaris. Swanair Travel & Safaris founded in 1993, is one of the oldest Travel Management Companies in Uganda offering a wide range of services like nternational destinations, corporate travel, safaris, air ticketing, hotel booking and currently, the Swanair travel wallet. The Swanair travel wallet is an exciting and rewarding savings option designed for travel enthusiasts, first time travelers and planners of foreseeable future travel and vacations.
With the Swanair travel wallet, you’d not only be able to create an account where you can save for travel through regular deposits of any amount you find convenient, but you’d also have access to the best deals and promotions. At the end of the day, you get both a convenient and comfortable payment plan and possible discounts on your travel through earning of points. Creating an account in the Swanair travel wallet is easy, quick and very seemless. Yes, if you are thinking what I think you are, I can assure you that I felt the same too. It’s extremely impressive how easy planning for travel has been made with this initiative. If you’d like to be a part of it like I am, click https://forms.gle/7RibZboft6yemYp79 to get started.
Good luck and we hope to hear from you about your experience at your dream destination. You can reach out through +256776515014 or visit swanairtravel.com.
Simply contact Swanair Travel and Safaris through email@example.com, +256776515014 or visit swanairtravel.com for any assistance with planning your dream getaway. With Swanair, comes the option of saving for your travel through regular deposits of your choice, to the Swanair travel wallet. It’s easy, quick and convenient but most importantly, onboarding is at no cost. To onboard for the savings option, simply register via this form. This is your year, make that dream travel experience a reality.